HOW TO PREPARE: Before The Photo Shoot
Our goal at Studio Massei is to provide you with the best photo shoot experience that we can give you. Sometimes for us to achieve this there is some preparation that must happen on both ends. Here is how we suggest getting ready for your photos shoot day!
Choosing a date
Choosing a date that works for both ends is a very important step in preparing for you shoot, when thinking about your date heres a few things to keep in mind:
- Try to reserve a date at least a month and a half to guarantee your date or have room to move things around due to weather or emergency.
- Consider the season you want your photos to be taken in if you have the option to choose. (Winter's snow, Autumn's leaves )
- Be flexible! The weather is unpredictable, we can't guarantee that the flowers will be in full bloom in the spring or the trees will have leaves or fall colors in the fall.
*To reserve a date a 50% deposit is required*
Choosing a location
Choose a location is very important and we suggest that you choose a meaningful and special to you both as a couple and as a family. It could be where you first met, where you had your first date, it could be where you work or just a place where you like to be together. The location helps tie the whole photo together! Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Consider local places you like to visit together, such as cafes, markets or your favourite parks for sightseeing.
- Make sure the place has parking and private space for wardrobe changes.
- Do not forget that many places require photo permission. Check in advance if a licenses is required and their costs.
- No idea is crazy enough that it can not be done, we love challenges let us hear your ideas!
- For more rental ideas click on the Locations button
- Keep in mind we also can't control people in open public places or what it looks like in certain seasons, Choose at your own risk.
Choosing a time
The time of our shoot is also very important here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The sun is not always our best friend during the photo shoot, so try to avoid the shoots in the middle of the day, since the sun is very bright and unpleasant
- Choose early morning, late afternoon, or outdoor at night.
- For in door photos like restaurants, coffee shops and bookstores ... Check the opening hours of the places and at what time they are less busy to avoid crowds